It seems like a new creative nail treatment comes out every week these days. I saw a L'Oreal product (I think it was L'Oreal) at Target that makes your nails look fuzzy. That one I don't really get. Why would I want my nails to look like they touched my sweater before they dried?
A new treatment from Ciaté recently caught my attention though because I can see a lot of people just loving the creativity it allows. Their Chalkboard Manicure set allows you to doodle your own design onto the black nail polish. Since I'm expecting a baby girl I'm thinking about how fun something like this would be when she gets older and how much I would have loved this in High School and College.
- Begin with 2 coats of matte black Ciaté Chalkboard Paint Pot, and allow to dry.
- Once dry, take a mini chalk pen and gently press onto the nail to release the liquid chalk.
- Ready, set, play! Sketch, doodle and squiggle to your heart’s content (see doodle gallery below for some ideas)
- If you make a mistake, simply rinse with water and start again!
- Allow to dry and seal your masterpiece with Ciaté Mattnificent topcoat. Remove with regular nail polish remover once you’re ready for a new scribbled style.
This $25 kit is Dibutyl-Phlalate, Toulene, and Formaldehyde free and is currently available at Sephora and online. In August it will be available at Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Henri Bendel, Lord & Taylor, Kitson, Von Maur and The Bay Canada.
Photos: Courtesy of www.beautypress.com and Ciaté